Multiple clicks

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Multiple clicks

Hi,

My latest email has 3 links - I have a number of contacts that have all clicked all 3 links, reported at exactly the same time. Is this true, or is it some sort of mis-report due to scanning by spam filters etc?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Multiple clicks

Hello @user01808 ,

Some domains' spam filters will "click" links to check their authenticity / safety, and then decide if the email goes through or not. These will typically show up as clicks that happen immediately after a sendout and if you have multiple links, the report will show them happening all at the same time.

Unfortunately we cannot filter out these types of clicks, as the reporting sent back to us from the email is the exact same as if the contact actually clicked the link. You'll likely need to go into the All Clicks sort, and use this knowledge to decide which clicks are genuine and which are not. Fortunately most spam filters don't result in these faulty clicks, but some programs may use a system that does result in such reporting. It may be worth keeping a record of which email addresses / domains do this for your own reference.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured