The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Mutliple Customer Lists and multiple campaigns

Highlighted

Mutliple Customer Lists and multiple campaigns

Can CC stop customers receiving more than one email from us a day? I'm sending out two (or three) different follow-up email campaigns to different lists BUT some customers might appear on both lists. I don't want them to get x2 emails though ... can you automatically block 2nd emails going out to the same email address?   

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Mutliple Customer Lists and multiple campaigns

Good Afternoon @RowenaI 

Thanks for joining us in the Community. That is a great question. If a contact is on multiple lists and you send the same campaign to those different lists at the same time, the contacts will only receive one copy of that email. If you are attempting to send the same email campaign at different times to multiple lists the contact would get this multiple times. As a result, it's recommended to select multiple lists in your original send so the contact would only get this once. In addition, if you are attempting to send different campaigns to multiple lists at different times, a contact would get those emails accordingly. If the later is the case, We would advise to spread out your campaigns so a reader doesn't receive this information all at once.

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Thanks Brian - I will carry on staggering or manually de-duping the lists. 

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @RowenaI

Thanks for your reply as we definitely want to help find the best solution for you! Because select contacts don't need to receive a particular follow-up email campaign, you may want to filter your email lists by Tags. This allows you to Tag those contacts who reside on more than one list and then exclude that Tag when scheduling your email campaign. It's an easy way to filter certain contacts off an email list!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured