My header logo is not resizing in mobile view template.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sims-Lohman
Rookie
0 Votes

My header logo is not resizing in mobile view template. In mobile view it is enormous. Anyone have a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @Sims-Lohman ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. When it comes to mobile displaying of images, mobile email apps will always try to show images as big as they can, based on their metadata original size. This is standard practice across the industry. To mitigate this, you may wish to resize your image in the image editor to the exact dimensions you're needing. If your image is larger than 480px wide, then it will fill up the full width of the email, so you'll want to set your exact sizing to be smaller than that. I'd recommend locking the resolution before adjusting the dimensions, to ensure they stay at the same ratio.

Another potential option is to get your image with plenty of blank/white space on the sides. This could potentially allow your image to display as expected in the desktop view, and cause the mobile view to keep the actual logo at a more reasonable size. You could even potentially accomplish this just by inserting the logo into your email, taking a screenshot with the excess whitespace on the sides, then using that screenshot instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @Sims-Lohman ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. When it comes to mobile displaying of images, mobile email apps will always try to show images as big as they can, based on their metadata original size. This is standard practice across the industry. To mitigate this, you may wish to resize your image in the image editor to the exact dimensions you're needing. If your image is larger than 480px wide, then it will fill up the full width of the email, so you'll want to set your exact sizing to be smaller than that. I'd recommend locking the resolution before adjusting the dimensions, to ensure they stay at the same ratio.

Another potential option is to get your image with plenty of blank/white space on the sides. This could potentially allow your image to display as expected in the desktop view, and cause the mobile view to keep the actual logo at a more reasonable size. You could even potentially accomplish this just by inserting the logo into your email, taking a screenshot with the excess whitespace on the sides, then using that screenshot instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user399959
Rookie
0 Votes

Good day!
I have a similar situation.
Thanks, for your advice.
They helped me personally.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST