Name of my contact does not display when I send test an automated birthday greeting

KoreyK87
Occasional Participant

Name of my contact does not display when I send test an automated birthday greeting

When send testing an automated birthday greeting with tags, it doesn't display the contact's name or it displays a different name. But when I preview the greeting, it shows the contact name correctly.

1 REPLY 1
Frankie_P

Hi @KoreyK87 thanks for reaching out to the Community about your email! When you preview your email, the Greeting Tag displays the name you have on file in your account profile to give you an idea of what your contacts see, or you can enter a specific contact's email address to see what it will look like to that recipient. It will however not display in a sent test email.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.