Narrow it down > Limit by tag Yields Error in Classic HTML Editor

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Narrow it down > Limit by tag Yields Error in Classic HTML Editor

If I choose a list to send to in the classic HTML editor and I try to "Narrow it down" by "Limit by tag", it looks like that selection "sticks" -- the system knows that the tag is a subset of the list and how many recipients. But upon saving that selection, I'm now not able to schedule the send because it tells me that I have to choose a list with more than 0 recipients. What????

I've tried this "clean" through (Next > Next > Next, etc.) which allows me to actually SEE the schedule page but then yields the same error when I save the schedule. Argggggg!!

So effectively I can work with neither segments nor tags from here. Sigh.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Narrow it down > Limit by tag Yields Error in Classic HTML Editor

Hello @TonyS568 ,

Thank you for providing all this information, as well as a video of this issue occurring. It appears this issue is something our engineers are investigating. I've gone ahead and gotten this case and your info submitted to them for further review. As soon as they have an update, they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, the best workaround - especially if you're primarily creating custom code emails - would be to create lists from those tags.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Narrow it down > Limit by tag Yields Error in Classic HTML Editor

Thanks, @William_D. That's what I'm doing.

I appreciate the ticket and look forward to having the issue resolved.

Product Updates: July 2020

Alongside introducing our new branding (check out that fresh new logo!), our teams were busy bringing you new updates to your Constant Contact account. Read on to find out what was new in your Constant Contact account during the month of July

Read More
Featured