Need 3 or more images in a row

SOLVED
Go to solution

Need 3 or more images in a row

Hi,

I'm acknowledging supporter by having their logo in our email. I need to be able to place 3  or more images side by side in the desktop view in the 3rd gen. Having only two per row makes the email too long visually AND long emails sometimes get clipped in gmail. 

Please advice!!  

P.S.  Not loving the limitations and missing features in the 3rd Gen (for example accessing HTML). It seems really dumbed down. More advanced users are losing the ability to truly customize their email campaigns. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATED: October 2018

Hello @naturalresources @GreenheartExchange and @NeeleyS! I wanted to update you on the status of being able to insert five images next to each other. I'm happy to let you know that our third-generation editor now has a 5-column block that you can insert into your campaigns!

3ge-build-tab-drag-and-drop-five-column-layout-deli.png

Just a few notes about this new feature:

• At this time, this type of layout can not be manually created by attempting to add an additional image or text block into a 2-column or 3-column layout. This can only be created by adding the 5-column block into your campaign.
  • This block is not available to be inserted into existing drafts or copies of campaigns that were created prior to this block being available in the third-generation editor. If you would like to use this block in your campaigns, you will have to create a new email from the template picker. 

We're so excited to announce this new feature and just had to let you know! Let us know if you have any questions.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Hi, While the 3 column block is great for desktop view, it does seem to break up in the mobile view - what can I do about that?

Thanks! Marisha 

Hello @PatriciaF378,

Thank you for contacting us today.  The columns in the 3G editor are designed to stack on top of each other to maximize readability on a mobile device.  In this case, to keep all three images together regardless of format, you would need to place all three images in a single image.  I will absolutely pass along feedback to the appropriate teams on this!

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

This is a partial solution. The 5 column drag and drop still creates five distinct columns. If the images are small they are spaced too far apart.

You need to incorporate a solution that allows one to place as many smaller images, side-by-side, centered, in one block (without creating columns for each image).

It's great that you're builder creates emails that are responsive but having multiple (small) images centered in one block isn't counter intuitive to that, the images would just naturally rap if the container width is forced narrower.

If there's presently a workaround for this I'd like to know, but it doesn't look like that's the case.

I only have the three image option on my account.

Hello @ErinJ81,

The five image option will be under Build and then Layouts on the left hand side when creating your email. The block with five image placement options will look like five links in a row next to each other. Click on this helpful article for a visual representation. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Is this available in Canada? I created a new email campaign and cannot see the 5 image template in my selection.

There's a layout block with 5 slots that you can insert text, drag and attach image blocks to, and link up as needed.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

You could use in-line css in the Advanced Editor to place your 3 pics anywhere you want them. Or you could put it in the header and use it in a template. 

hvhibiscus
Retail

You can access the full html in the Advanced Editor. I write ALL my own code and only use the advanced editor. It's not dumb-down at all. I use the newest html and css tags and it works beautifully. I haven't tried javascripts yet, but am toying with the idea of adding some in. I'll let you know if that works.