Need help with a superscript font in my email

Participant

Need help with a superscript font in my email

read through instructions but they don't work - pls. have someone contact me - I'm working in Google Chrome and don't see options to edit font to make superscript
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @WendyI367

I am sorry to hear the directions aren't working. What is happening when you add the code to the block? Are you seeing any errors?

1. Go to the block you want to place the character into.
  2. Click on the Edit icon .
  3. Type out the text in the block if it doesn't already exist.
  4. Click on the Code View icon .
  5. Find the character you to make a superscript.
  6. Place <sup> before the character then </sup> after the character.

Example: Company Name <sup>&#174;</sup> translates to Company Name ®
  7. Click Update.
  8. Click the Save icon .

What is the name of the email and the line of text you want to make superscript?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

is this thread still live?

I need to do this, but I don't see where there is a "code view" when one is not dealing with a pure 100% HTML paste...I am not able to get any "code view" with blocks...? or am I missing where we can add HTML blocks to template emails?

thank yoU!

Hi @GretchenP08

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, this thread is still live. I apologize you aren’t able to see the code view in your emails to add superscript. I took a look at your account as well as an email you are working on and can see you are working in our Third Generation Editor. The post you are commenting on is in reference to an email in our Second Generation Editor. At this time we do not have the feature to access the html code in email templates created in our Third Generation Editor.  I am submitting your feedback on the want of this feature and apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Still hanging out in 2nd gen because I can add m-dashes and superscript and stuff there. 

Let us know when the 3rd gen editor allows us to edit the html, k?

Thanks!

Hello @LynG0

I wanted to let you know that we have made some changes in the 3rd Generation Editor and you can add Superscript and lots of other text stylizations now! Here's a list of some of the things available now and how to change it:

1. Highlight the text you want to change and from the editor select:
  • Font - For best results, choose a web-safe font; they display the most consistently across multiple computer and mobile device types.
  • Font Size - 14 to 16px text is best for the email body and 22px text is good for headlines.
  • Font Color - Change the text color. Select a color from the palette or click "More Colors" to enter a specific hex value.
  • Highlight Color - Change the text background color. Select a color from the palette or click "More Colors" to enter a specific hex value.
  • Text Emphasis - Choice of bolditalic, or underline, with additional strikethroughsuperscript, and subscript options available in the drop-down menu.
  • Text Alignment - Choice of left, right, center, or justified.
  • Line Spacing - Change the spacing between your lines of text within the entire block. Choice of single, 1.2, 1.5, or double line spacing.
  • List Style - Choice of bullets or numbers. To indent a bullet, place your cursor at the start of the bulleted text and press the Tab key on your keyboard. Press Shift + Tab to outdent the bullet.

If you have questions about any of these features, please let us know! 

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I do not see superscript and subscript options in the text drop-down menu -- only bold, italic, underline, and strike-through. Help!

Hey there @BillF823 Thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear you are having some difficulties locating our superscript and subscript features, they can definitely be a bit tough to find!

First you'll want to ensure you are working in a text box, locate the text editor box and you'll see in the upper right-hand corner a drop-down arrow, as shown below:

1)
2019-09-17_16-53-31.png

2)

2019-09-17_16-54-27.png

Once you click on the drop-down arrow, you should then see the option to strike through text, subscript text, as well as superscript text! Please let us know if you're still experiencing any difficulties finding this feature.

Brigitte P

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.