New Client Email Campaign

SOLVED
Go to solution
KeithR13
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have a New Client Email campaign and I want to send it to all new clients. How can I do this? Is there a way to tag the contact or trigger an email campaign to start when a new contact is added to a list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KeithR13 ,

Some options for the initial sendout, to contacts you already have, are:

Once you've sent the initial, standalone email to your existing newer contacts, you can setup automation for future additions:

• Set up a welcome email to trigger from new list additions that result from sign up form entries (one per account can be active).
  • Set up an automated series for a simple chain of emails, or to have multiple different welcomes available based on list additions / sign ups used.
  • Set up an automation path for a particularly advanced way to engage your newly added contacts across both email and SMS (if you have the addon).

Make sure to check the Plans & Pricing page of your account to see what features and functionalities are available, and then you can decide based on that and your current contacts setup for how to proceed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KeithR13 ,

Some options for the initial sendout, to contacts you already have, are:

Once you've sent the initial, standalone email to your existing newer contacts, you can setup automation for future additions:

• Set up a welcome email to trigger from new list additions that result from sign up form entries (one per account can be active).
  • Set up an automated series for a simple chain of emails, or to have multiple different welcomes available based on list additions / sign ups used.
  • Set up an automation path for a particularly advanced way to engage your newly added contacts across both email and SMS (if you have the addon).

Make sure to check the Plans & Pricing page of your account to see what features and functionalities are available, and then you can decide based on that and your current contacts setup for how to proceed.

William A
KeithR13
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello William, 

Thank you for your reply and all the details. 

If I set up the automation does the new list addition have to come from a sign up form?  

My business uses a service to secure leads.  The lead/contact opts in to being contacted by my company during their intake with the lead service.  Unfortunately, the contact does not sign up on our sign up form, so I manually enter the contact into our new client list in constant contact.  

I would like for my entry to trigger the welcome email campaign.  Is this possible?

William_A
Administrator

If it's a welcome email automation, it will only have the one step, and only trigger off of sign-up form additions.

An automation series or path will trigger off any new list additions, regardless of whether you move the contacts into the list, they add themselves via a form, etc.

William A
KeithR152
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for the clarity!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST