[Nighttime Legacy Editor Slowness Thread] Why is your site too slow/unworkable at night lately?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MiriamR

[Nighttime Legacy Editor Slowness Thread] Why is your site too slow/unworkable at night lately?

Trying to lay out our media but it won't save. Tried in two browsers. Third time this has happened. Tonight in one browser I got a weird error message and the email opened entirely blank! Tried starting over in a new browser, saved one section but next one just timed. out.  I have about 20 sections - this is impossible!  How do I get someone to speed up service so I can get a critical newsletter done on COVID locally without waiting until Monday? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_D

For the sake of visibility on this thread, I'm marking this reply as an "Accepted Solution."

Our engineers are aware of the connectivity and slowness issues occurring with the legacy editor during nighttime hours. At this time, they haven't found the root of the issue, but they are indeed looking into it. However, the legacy editor (2ge) hasn't been developed since the release of the current, mobile-compatible editor (3ge), so the engineers can't guarantee a fix will be available before the legacy editor is retired fully (currently being retired in waves).

Currently the only known workarounds for this issue are to either work in the legacy editor during daytime hours, or use the up-to-date 3ge that's already available in your accounts by default.

Please note this thread is specifically for the extreme slowness experienced while working in the legacy editor (not available for accounts opened in 2017 to present). If you're experiencing slowness in 3ge, please check our connectivity troubleshooting guide, or make a separate Get Help thread for us to look into.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Hello @KazM7 ,

It looks like your lag issues may be related to the nighttime issues we've seen with the legacy editor specifically. I've tracked your case so if and when there's an update, our engineers will notify you.

With that said, the legacy editor is being retired in waves, so it may be more prudent to switch to the current editor. I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two builders. The current builder’s emails can be copied.

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created for a price.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I've noticed that constant contact is sooooo slow and quirky now. Am I using an old template?

Hello @GeneM44 ,

It sounds like you're running into issues we've seen described in this thread, that's specifically affecting the retiring legacy editor. If you wish to continue working in the old editor until the retirement is forced through for your account, I'd recommend working on it and scheduling their emails during daytime hours. 

If you'd like to get switched to the current editor sooner rather than later, I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two builders. The current builder’s emails can be copied.

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created for a price.

William D

Keep getting "unexpected error" when trying to edit, save and sand an email campagin.

Hello @LeslieJ3620 ,

It looks like you're still using the legacy editor, which has been having nighttime latency issues. While our engineers are looking into the issue, the legacy editor is going through waves of retirement, so it's possible the issue will not be resolved prior to your account's legacy retirement.

I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two builders. The current builder’s emails can be copied.

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created for a price. If you’re unable to call in, you can also submit a form directly to our designers to have a template converted.

William D

FPC_Burlington
Occasional Participant

The response time of Constant Contact in the mornings from about 4:30-7:30 am (when I do most of my work) is ridiculously slow. Is the speed turned down at certain times of day? To "Save" my work or "Schedule" a campaign sometimes takes 10 minutes or longer. This is very slow compared with . And I am am paying for Constant Contact!!!!! What is the deal???

Hello @FPC_Burlington ,

Based on the emails you've been making, it sounds like you're running into the nighttime issues with the legacy editor, as described in this thread

William D

GeorgiannaC8
Participant

emails keep getting locked up, won't save, I have to start all over again creating. Not sure what has changed, but I don't have time to create emails for 2 hours, when it should only take 15 to 20 minutes. Won't let me delete social media blocks. Emails won't save.

Hello @GeorgiannaC8 ,

It looks like your issues are most likely connected to the issues there have been with the legacy editor during nighttime hours. While our engineers are investigating, they're suggesting working in the editor and sending those email types during the daytime hours as a workaround.

Otherwise, since the legacy editor is being retired in waves and the issues may not be resolved by the time your account is set for retirement, the best course of action would be to shift over to the current email editor sooner rather than later.

William D

Carolee22
Participant

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR PROGRAM. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TYPING, YOUR PROGRAM BLACKS OUT AND GOES TO THE CAMPAIGN PAGE. ALL MY HARD WORK IS GONE... G O N E!!!! THIS HAS HAPPENED MULTIPLE TIMES DESPITE MY SAVING MY WORK. I ALMOST HAVE TO SAVE EVERY LINE AND THEN I'M NOT SURE IT WILL BE SAVED. WHAT IS GOING ON. I NEED TO GET THIS NEWSLETTER OUT TODAY AND NOW I DON'T HAVE TIME. I HAVE ALREADY WASTED HOURS AND ENERGY ON THIS. I AM READY TO QUIT YOUR P ROGRAM.

Hello @Carolee22 ,

It looks like your issues are most likely connected to the issues there have been with the legacy editor during nighttime hours. While our engineers are investigating, they're suggesting working in the editor and sending those email types during the daytime hours as a workaround.

Otherwise, since the legacy editor is being retired in waves and the issues may not be resolved by the time your account is set for retirement, the best course of action would be to shift over to the current email editor sooner rather than later.

William D

Michael_Weidokal
Consulting & Training

That's not an accepted solution. Your product is performing worse and worse as time goes on and you are not providing the service that we are paying for. It might be time for a class action lawsuit.