The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

No longer able to copy legacy email

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

I apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

Highlighted
Retail

Re: Copy email

this is a terrible decision!  I am trying to make Covid announcements to customers and, on the fly, I am changing my process...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Reading the comments...NOOOOOOOO. Why oh why would you do this.

Highlighted

What genius thought it was a good idea to force user to recreate newsletters from scratch.

Shows what CC things of its paying customers.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Updated editor is useless.  There is no way to edit the html code.

Highlighted

Who is the idiot that decided to force us to recreate our campaigns?  Normally I jump on, copy, tweak and send.  Who do I send the bill to for all of the time recreating our various campaigns? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I agree. I've been a CC customer for nearly 10-years but this is super annoying and a serious deficiency that will likely prompt me to downgrade or switch to an entirely different email marketing platform.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

We are right there with you. Our concerns have fallen on deaf ears.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I just logged into Constant Contact as I've taken over the responsibilities for our account. I've never used it before so I search for the easiest way to recreate the look and feel of a similar email and I see the nice and easy way to copy the campaign and then make the needed changes. I was so happy! My joy was very short lived as I tried to recreate what I saw online only to see there was no 'Copy' option. I fumbled around with some of the others and finally gave up and Googled, "where is the copy feature on Constant Contact" and was brought to this page. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I was counting on this being easy. I don't have time to recreate everything right now.

Signed, a new and very unhappy customer

Highlighted
Participant

I use a particular template and would like to recreate it in the new format but can't because of the no copying issue.

CollegeHilleNewsletter

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @chenewsletter,

I apologize for any inconvenience, but you can't recreate an email by copying it. You can recreate it in the new format by choosing a different template under the Campaigns Tab and choosing the create option. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured