The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

No longer able to copy legacy email

Highlighted
Visitor

No longer able to copy legacy email

I want to copy an email, as I have always done, but there is no longer an option to do this. I have also tried to contact Constant Contact but the chat never opens and the phone calls doesn't get answered. I have been trying for several days.

Thanks, Jo

Tags (1)
Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hello everyone!

I apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Visitor

can't copy last email

Copy option from past emails has disappeared.  All other options but no copy. Need to send out information NOW.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: can't copy last email

Hi @MicheleJ6  and @OfficeM576 

Thank you both for reaching out to the Community about your email. I can definitely understand how important it is to easily work in your account. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your campaign. This feature has been removed from our older and outdated Legacy Newsletter Templates as we move away from these templates to our updated Email Newsletters instead. Are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? Having any feedback on this is important to have as we are always open to ways we can better our user's experience. In the meantime, we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can't copy my email

The Copy choice has disappeared from the dropdown menu. No way to copy my email for next issue, major problem. I reported this via your chat and the automated answer was to try a different browser. I use Google Chrome and occasionally Firefox, but that didn't work. I even tried Microsoft Edge, which told me right at the beginning that it wasn't supported and that I should use Chrome or Firefox. HELP! Jim Baumann Boyne Area Chamber of Commerce

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: copy

I use Chrome, switched to Firefox, still didn't copy. Help!

Highlighted

Re: Can't copy my email

Hi @JimB829 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! This Copy feature on your Legacy Newsletter Templates is not browser related. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We are currently in the process of moving away from these templates to our updated Email Newsletters instead. Because of this the Copy feature on our older and outdated Legacy Newsletter Templates has been removed. I would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor as these campaigns still have the option of being copied. In the meantime, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? This is helpful information for us to track and submit to our Product team.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

I am not happy that you are removing the legacy template, as it is the most user friendly and easiest for those of us who are not extremely tech savvy.  I have tried the new templates and do not like them, for many reasons.

However I really like the legacy template I have been using and if at all possible would like for you to allow us to continue copying and using it. By feedback, I see others agree.

The time I spend starting completely from scratch each time and trying to navigate the new templates, is making a newsletter I normally enjoy putting together, frustrating. And at this time during the crisis, we are trying to keep up with and inform our membership more frequently, but this adds to the frustration.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi @OfficeM576,

I do appreciate your perspective and the concerns you've raised and I will get them to the right people.

Constant Contact is dedicated to the Third Generation editor and bolstering its capabilities and we're adding features and making improvements all the time. Our Knowledge Base has many articles that walk users through how to utilize the newer editor.

If you could elaborate on what it is you do not like about the Third Generation Editor, I might be able to address them and find a solution, or at least get your feedback in front of our developers. Thank you.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

This is SO LAME!!!!!!  To make long-term customers re-create campaigns each time is time consuming and irresponsible.  You have lost me as a 10+ year customer.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I 100% agree. Terrible service and I am FURIOUS that I have to spend my precious weekend recreating all my much-used campaigns. 

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured