We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

No longer getting emails

SusanW511
Participant

No longer getting emails

I am seeing an increasing number of our subscribers say they no longer get our emails and want to be added back to our lists.  They didn't unsubscribe, yet the system says they have.  This is happening over and over, it's way to many people at this point. What is causing this excessive number of people to be dropped from our lists? I don't believe they are all going out and clicking to unsubscribe themselves.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
John_M
Employee

Hello @SusanW511,

I am sorry that you are seeing an accidental increase in unsubscribed contacts. Are these people affected forwarding the emails on to others by chance? In incidents such as this, an individual were to forward the email on to another person and that other person clicks the unsubscribe link. They are not unsubscribing themselves, they are actually unsubscribing that original recipient of the email. If this is the case I would recommend that the people that they are forwarding the email to subscribe to the mailing list themselves. This way in the future if anyone is wanting to no longer receive emails they have the ability to remove themselves from the list, without affecting others within.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.