Not receiving test emails

SOLVED
Go to solution
LynnH17
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Good Morning, I have tried multiple times to send test emails to several emails inside my office domain. I also sent to my personal email. I received the personal email but no one in the office has received the tests. We've checked spam folders and waited a while. We've tried 3 different emails. However, if I forward the email to them from my personal email, they received it without issue. Can you help? Thanks much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LynnH17 ,

I was able to test send your emails and receive them in my regular inbox right away, without any issues - for the same reason you're able to receive it at your personal address. Since test emails lack authentication anyway, it can cause internal communications for the same domain to see it as potentially spoofed / spam. The best way to go about addressing this would be to work with your IT to safelist our domains, and make sure others in your organization are safelisting your email address. 

Here are some general best practices for deliverability. Deliverability can have a lot of variables, from elements on our side, on your side, on the recipient's side, and in their email system company's side. It's also a generally good idea to set up self-authentication if you start sending emails using an address that has its own domain, rather than a free one (Gmail, Live, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Verizon, etc.)

If you'd like to learn more about safelisting, and what it entails:

If you're wanting more in-depth, specialized insight on your current deliverability, it'd be worth speaking with one of our Deliverability agents.

See also:

Email Authentication FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LynnH17 ,

I was able to test send your emails and receive them in my regular inbox right away, without any issues - for the same reason you're able to receive it at your personal address. Since test emails lack authentication anyway, it can cause internal communications for the same domain to see it as potentially spoofed / spam. The best way to go about addressing this would be to work with your IT to safelist our domains, and make sure others in your organization are safelisting your email address. 

Here are some general best practices for deliverability. Deliverability can have a lot of variables, from elements on our side, on your side, on the recipient's side, and in their email system company's side. It's also a generally good idea to set up self-authentication if you start sending emails using an address that has its own domain, rather than a free one (Gmail, Live, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Verizon, etc.)

If you'd like to learn more about safelisting, and what it entails:

If you're wanting more in-depth, specialized insight on your current deliverability, it'd be worth speaking with one of our Deliverability agents.

See also:

Email Authentication FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST