Not sure what this means regarding a facebook ad

KevinR388
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

I'm trying to figure out what this means. What do I need to change?

Facebook sent me this.... We use the same newsletter template and links as we've used for years...

Facebook:
Ad Can't Run: Create a new post
This ad can't run because it promotes false, misleading, or deceptive claims. We require display link captions to accurately reflect the URL and associated advertiser or business that someone visits when they click on it. We do not allow ads with mismatched display links and landing pages as this is misleading and doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies.
What to do next: If you'd like to continue advertising, we suggest not using the “Display Link/Captions” field with free form text or with a domain that differs from the domain of the landing page.

Ad Can’t Run: Edit Ad or Confirm Identity
We require people to confirm their identity and create a disclaimer to run ads about social issues, elections or politics.
Your ad may have been rejected if it mentions politicians or sensitive social issues that could influence public opinion, how people vote and may impact the outcome of an election or pending legislation. Learn More
As of October 27, 2020 there are new restrictions for ads about social issues, elections or politics. Learn More
1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KevinR388 ,

Since it's Facebook that ultimately allows or disallows an ad to be posted to their site, you'll want to reach out to their support to see if they can offer any insight on why this ad is suddenly being flagged. With the major changes they've made to their API, permissions, and now for anti-misinformation, it's possible that something in their algorithm false-flagged an aspect of your ad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST