Omit emails from a send?

AngieB994
Participant

Hi all - 

Several years ago, I was with another mass marketing service provider that had a tool that allowed you to include your list of recipients, but also include a list of emails you want to exclude from the full list.  For example: You send an email inviting 500 people to a reception. You have a list of the 500 who are invited, but you want to omit those 150 people who are already registered. With my previous service, you could upload a list of the 150 who are registered and the system could omit those emails from the list of 500 people for that specific email.  Is there an option/way to do that in CC?  I asked CC about this several (maybe 5) years ago and was told it was a feature they were working on. Just curious if anyone knows or can share insight.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
William_A

Hello @AngieB994 ,

You can go about this a couple different ways. Either by using segmentation or by making a secondary list and removing the unwanted contacts.

For your segmentation, just set the criteria to:

• On List: your 500-membership list
  • AND
  • Not on list: your 150-membership list

Then just send to the segment.

For the secondary list variant:

• Go to your 500-member list
  • Select All, Actions > Add to list > Create new (give it some obvious name like "Reduced Size List" or "Excluding Pre-Registers List") > Add
  • Go to your 150-member list
  • Select All, Actions > Remove from list > Reduced Size / Excluding Pre-Registers List

Now you can send the email to that smaller list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

This is SUPER helpful!  I just manually removed close to 100 people from my master list because I didn't know this was an option. Thank so much!

Angie

• Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article