Omit emails from a send?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AngieB994
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi all - 

Several years ago, I was with another mass marketing service provider that had a tool that allowed you to include your list of recipients, but also include a list of emails you want to exclude from the full list.  For example: You send an email inviting 500 people to a reception. You have a list of the 500 who are invited, but you want to omit those 150 people who are already registered. With my previous service, you could upload a list of the 150 who are registered and the system could omit those emails from the list of 500 people for that specific email.  Is there an option/way to do that in CC?  I asked CC about this several (maybe 5) years ago and was told it was a feature they were working on. Just curious if anyone knows or can share insight.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AngieB994 ,

You can go about this a couple different ways. Either by using segmentation or by making a secondary list and removing the unwanted contacts.

For your segmentation, just set the criteria to:

• On List: your 500-membership list
  • AND
  • Not on list: your 150-membership list

Then just send to the segment.

For the secondary list variant:

• Go to your 500-member list
  • Select All, Actions > Add to list > Create new (give it some obvious name like "Reduced Size List" or "Excluding Pre-Registers List") > Add
  • Go to your 150-member list
  • Select All, Actions > Remove from list > Reduced Size / Excluding Pre-Registers List

Now you can send the email to that smaller list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AngieB994 ,

You can go about this a couple different ways. Either by using segmentation or by making a secondary list and removing the unwanted contacts.

For your segmentation, just set the criteria to:

• On List: your 500-membership list
  • AND
  • Not on list: your 150-membership list

Then just send to the segment.

For the secondary list variant:

• Go to your 500-member list
  • Select All, Actions > Add to list > Create new (give it some obvious name like "Reduced Size List" or "Excluding Pre-Registers List") > Add
  • Go to your 150-member list
  • Select All, Actions > Remove from list > Reduced Size / Excluding Pre-Registers List

Now you can send the email to that smaller list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AngieB994
Rookie
0 Votes

This is SUPER helpful!  I just manually removed close to 100 people from my master list because I didn't know this was an option. Thank so much!

Angie

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST