We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

One List With Duplicates

SamanthaV286
Participant

One List With Duplicates

Hello, 

Our organization has a contact list containing duplicate email addresses. I know Constant Contact cross-checks for duplicates if multiple lists are selected. Are individual lists checked for duplicates?

E.g. There's a contact under the name  with the email . There's another contact with the same email address but no name assigned. 

Do the duplicates matter? Is there a quick way to get rid of the duplicates?

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @SamanthaV286 ,

Yes our system always checks for duplicates. Since an email address denotes a unique contact, our system will simply try to update information when applicable (new last name, physical address, etc.) during the dupe check. This occurs whether you're uploading to one list, multiple lists, newly made lists, or all the lists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.