One Question about Merging Lists While Retaining the Original Names

Highlighted

One Question about Merging Lists While Retaining the Original Names

Dear all,

I am trying to merge all my 67 contact list, but I also hope to sort the contacts by the list names where they are originally from, is it possible to create such merged list with information of source list name for each contact please?

Please let me know. Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Jonathan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: One Question about Merging Lists While Retaining the Original Names

Hey there @JonathanL644,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you planning to delete the original lists? When you merge lists, it simply creates a brand new one while maintaining the originals.

At the moment there isn't a feature that tracks list origins. You can look and see what other lists individual contacts are members of after they've been added to the merge list, or you could segment them out based on the criteria of belonging to the merge list and one of the originals. If you delete the original lists, however, then this methodology would be moot.

You could also potentially tag people based on list origin, though I'd only recommend this process if you do plan to delete the origin lists.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured