Online Store - shopping cart empties on customer

shelleys104
Retail

Online Store - shopping cart empties on customer

We have and a few reports of customers trying to buy items, putting them into their shopping carts and the items disappearing.  I haven't been able to determine what is going on from customer side, if they are all using similar device or browser or using back buttons, etc.

Anything else like this out there, any advice to fix or minimize???

Also, I would like to understand what happens if two customer want the same (quantity 1) item at the same time, can they both put it into their carts or only 1?  And if both have in their carts, who gets to order?

I think we need to be giving better instructions to our customers to avoid frustrating online shopping. We live in lockdown area, only online retail allowed.

Thanks,

Shelley

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @shelleys104,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We would love to do some more research on this for you. Can you please let us know if trying a new browser fixes the issue with the items disappearing? If you could also get a screenshot that would be helpful. If two customers attempt the buy a product at the same time, whoever selected the item first would be able to complete payment. The other customer would receive a message that it is sold out. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.