The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Oops I am sorry. Something went wrong

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Oops I am sorry. Something went wrong

As a whole, I really do like Constant Contact, but I am finding more and more issues where I am not so sure I can trust CC.  I am tired of working on a newsletter just to have a pop-up spring on me, "Oops I am sorry. Something went wrong.  Please refresh."  I do not feel like seeing "OOPs"  when I have been working hard on a project just to see all my time and energy wasted, AND that I have to then redo my work.  I know you have auto-save, but it does not always work.  At this point, every time I write a sentence or two, I now hit save because I do not trust the system.

The other issue is, I am discovering that your computer or system is "unsubscribing" people who DID NOT unsubscribe.  

Russell A. Griffin

PS  I just went to hit the send button and a red banner went up saying that something went wrong.

PS 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Oops I am sorry. Something went wrong

Hello @FatherG ,

As far as the "Oops sorry" issue, how often does this occur? Does it only seem to be an issue when the system attempts to auto-save after every 3 changes? Does using a different browser or going Incognito / Private browsing alleviate the issue at all? Or does clearing your cache improve the experience?

As far as unsubscribes, our system does not unsubscribe anyone. People primarily only unsubscribe if they click the SafeUnsubscribe link at the bottom of emails. If a contact does get unsubscribed without action, then it's either an action by their email client/ISP, or due to them forwaridng the email to someone who clicked the unsubscribe button.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured