Open rate

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bhm20-16
Rookie
0 Votes

Our open rates dramatically declined by over half in mid-October 2019.  They have not recovered.  I am seeking an explanation and a solution.  Thank you very much. Benet Hill Monastery

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Bhm20-16 ,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing a decline in your open rates. From what I can tell your contact numbers and send-outs have remained steady, and you don't have a large number of bounces. At this point I'd recommend reaching out to our Deliverability team for further insight and guidance. One thing I know they'll mention is the continued use of the Legacy email builder. By default, the new editor has much better open rates because its emails are coded to be mobile friendly.

It is entirely possible that there are additional elements causing the sharp decline in opens, so I'd still recommend talking to Deliverability.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Bhm20-16 ,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing a decline in your open rates. From what I can tell your contact numbers and send-outs have remained steady, and you don't have a large number of bounces. At this point I'd recommend reaching out to our Deliverability team for further insight and guidance. One thing I know they'll mention is the continued use of the Legacy email builder. By default, the new editor has much better open rates because its emails are coded to be mobile friendly.

It is entirely possible that there are additional elements causing the sharp decline in opens, so I'd still recommend talking to Deliverability.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST