We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Open time BEFORE send time??

FirstNameL07770
Participant

Open time BEFORE send time??

We sent an email at 9 EST and yet see a bunch of opens at around 6 AM EST. Any idea how this could be?

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @FirstNameL07770. I reviewed your two most recent campaigns and I am not seeing the same timing under reporting. Both emails were sent around 9am ET and the first opens started shortly after 8am CT, which makes sense with the difference in time zones. If you are seeing something different, could you provide us with a screenshot of your reporting and email it to communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com along with the name of the example campaign?

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I'm seeing this issue too. Of a set of 8 newsletter campaigns from Jan-Jun that I reviewed, 5 show the problem. As an example, one shows 38% of opens, more than 1500, happening before the Sent time. I can readily verify that nearly all the recipients live in the same state/time zone and it's unlikely this number of this group is all out of the time zone when opening. For another campaign, it's 47%. I'm noting other data discrepancies too where numbers aren't lining up...

Hello @SCETV1041. In order to address this, we will need more information. Since we'll need some account information, including the names of campaigns, we ask that you email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com or reply to the notification email you will receive. We ask that you provide us with this information:

• Names of the campaigns where the open time shows before the send time
  • Examples of contacts that show an earlier open time

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.