Opening of campaign not showing in reporting

SOLVED
Go to solution
sportintern
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello there,

I reached out to a customer to ask if they were receiving my emails because in the reporting or engagement under his profile it shows that he receives my campaigns but there are no opens. When I asked if he was receiving and reading, he said he was. Is there a reason why his opens are not showing in the reporting?

Thank you

AB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @sportintern ,

Opens are tracked through a 1x1 pixel transparent image automatically included in all emails. If they're using an email program that blocks images unless explicitly allowed to show may be resulting in them opening the emails, but that opening not actually being reflected in the reporting. Similarly, if they use an app or other program that doesn't allow image downloads to register when the email is viewed, it may not result in an open track.

See also:

Email Reporting Overview

Email Open Reports

Improving Open Rates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @sportintern ,

Opens are tracked through a 1x1 pixel transparent image automatically included in all emails. If they're using an email program that blocks images unless explicitly allowed to show may be resulting in them opening the emails, but that opening not actually being reflected in the reporting. Similarly, if they use an app or other program that doesn't allow image downloads to register when the email is viewed, it may not result in an open track.

See also:

Email Reporting Overview

Email Open Reports

Improving Open Rates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST