Our campaign messages are going into the "Other" folder in Outlook

MyaS90
Rookie
0 Votes

Several months ago, some Outlook users inbox view changed.  Incoming messages generally go to “Focused” unless they are newsletters or large group distribution listings. Those go into “Other”.  

Are you aware of Outlook’s change and how to increase the odds messages will land in the “focused” inbox?  I can follow the guidelines in this list, Common Things That Trigger Spam Filters, but I don’t know if following those will prevent our emails from going into the “other” mailboxes, as I followed those guidelines for this week’s campaign.

Thanks in advance for any tips you have as I plan to send another email early next week and would like to see them land in the “focused” mailboxes.  I do plan to avoid capital letters in the subject as well as include personalized emails if possible.

Thanks!

Mya 

1 REPLY 1
Adelina_R
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MyaS90 ,

We do have some tips and helpful articles on how to keep out of filters such as these. The first thing we want to do is avoid sending image- only email campaigns! There are a lot of adjustments to content that we can make to improve our overall deliverability rate! You can find a lot of those tips and tricks outlined here.

The last thing we would recommend is setting up a campaign email authentication email which can be found under My Account!

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST