Outcome of an email campaign is messed up when received in iPad

CharitoR
Regular Participant

Outcome of an email campaign is messed up when received in iPad

Hi, I am new to this so I send test emails to myself all the time to see the outcome of the newsletter I am creating every week.  In my desktop computer , it is perfect.  But when I open it on my iPad ... I am disheartened because the formatting is messed up.  I do not like the outcome on my iPad because it is not what I have worked hard to send out there.  I do like (and understand)  the Mobile view of it but on the iPad ... it is bad.  How can you send it out there and retain the fonts and formatting "as is" on your workspace when creating the email?  

I used to work on my campaign in word document and send it as a PDF - because the outcome is perfect but I subscribed to constant contact and now liking creating my campaigns using any of the templates.  How do we fix the messed up formatting?  Any reply would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @CharitoR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize that your email newsletter is not appearing correctly on an iPad. Would you be able to reply to this message with a screenshot of your newsletter on an iPad and tell us what looks incorrect while also providing the name of the newsletter? Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CharitoR
Regular Participant

I replied to this in an email as suggested/asked and provided screenshots but I never got a reply.  I got your email and replied through there.

William_D

Hey there @CharitoR ,

We apologize, it seems Zoe's reply didn't make it through after you sent the email. It seems the primary issue is that the iPad keeps forcing the change in the font type, which is causing that gap in the left-hand column's bottom area to accommodate the excess space created by the changed fonts in the right-hand column.

Does using a different font type in the email editor alleviate the issue at all / are you allowed to use a different font type (not restricted by company standards or copyrights for font)?

Do you know if the font you're trying to use is available / usable on your iPad? Some devices / versions of operating systems don't have access to all the fonts available in our system, and will default to a standard web-safe font, so it may be worth checking that as well. 

Additionally do you know if this issue occurs on iPad, regardless of where it's opened (Outlook app, Gmail app, Mac Mail, etc.), or is it specific to one email app on the iPad?

Until we get to the bottom of this, if you're still seeing the issue occur regularly, it may be worth including a View as Webpage link at the top of your email. Most customers will say something to the effect of "Having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view as webpage" or "Having trouble seeing the email? Click here!"

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CharitoR
Regular Participant

Thank you again William.  Excuse my ignorance on the matter "view as a webpage".  I see it all the time but my newsletter is private and only sent to members of our club.  To view it as a webpage - does that mean I have to put it on our website or be hosted in our website?  

With regards to the fonts - that is not so much a problem if it changes.  It did not affect the section where I used that particular font.  It did not create a gap.  Here's the screenshot again with my explanation.CONSTANT CONTACT.png

Hey @CharitoR , the View as Webpage link merely makes it so a link to the email exists. This link technically exists already, since it's the share link created whenever an email is sent. Including the VaW link simply makes it so the coding is replaced with the share link as soon as email is sent. This won't make the page publicly announced or easily searchable, it merely makes it so there is a link to the email if needed. 

The issue regrding your email's appearance appears to be the font changing style, which is also affecting its actual size. That translates into the right side being much longer than you'd built it to be, which affects the left side's length as well. It's not that a random gap is showing up on the left, it's that the right is now much longer, meaning the space at the end of the left is just expanding to accommodate.

My suggestion is to change the font of your text within the editor to something that the iPad will accept, or something fairly basic like Arial or Times New Roman, and get everything resized to be even again. Then try doing more tests to your iPad to see if the issue still persists, even after switching to a font the device accepts. If it does, then we'll probably need to so some more advanced troubleshooting with our advanced technical team.

If you wouldn't mind doing these troubleshooting steps, and letting us know via this thread if they work for you. Once you update us, we'll know how to proceed. Thank you for keeping us informed on this.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.