Outlook changes the format of the email

DanK21
Rookie
0 Votes

I have noticed that outlook must have done some modifications to its setting and now my email campaigns that go to an outlook email look drastically different. I seems that the main body size of the templates become drastically wider when sent to outlook and the text no longer fits the same as previewed in the template. How can I widened the body so that it looks the same in outlook and all the email other platforms.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @DanK21 ,

I'd advise reaching out to Outlook's support to see if they'd have any insight on what would be compressing the emails widths in your program, or if there's a specific setting that would be forcing the view change.

See also:

Blog: Display Issues – Why does my email look different when received?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DanK21 ,

I'd advise reaching out to Outlook's support to see if they'd have any insight on what would be compressing the emails widths in your program, or if there's a specific setting that would be forcing the view change.

See also:

Blog: Display Issues – Why does my email look different when received?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

This is a significant issue. Its very frustrating to have my weekly newsletters reformatted. Outlook adjusts spacing, adds borders, reformats button shapes...). It turns a well-designed email into something that looks messy - like the sender doesn't care about appearance. I've explored and it doesn't seem to have the same problems. I would prefer to stick with CC but I'm not sure the pro's outweigh this major con. Is there something more CC can offer as far as support/advice?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This is an issue that affects other ESPs as well, and is originating from Outlook. Please reach out to OL support for further assistance or insight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I have noticed the same thing. I test my emails in Outlook, Comcast email and Gmail. It is amazing how formatting changes in each. Add in mobiles (Mail, Outlook, Gmail) and it makes your head spin. I have finally decided to limit myself to ensuring that my emails don't blow up for the most part and call it good. Some things I can never get right across all platforms.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST