Over 7K contacts in unsubscribed list in one day

SOLVED
Go to solution
MollyM229
Rookie
0 Votes

I was looking at my unsubscribe list and I noticed something odd -- on one specific date and time, about 7K+ contacts were unsubscribed. What could have possibly caused this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MollyM229 ,

An unsubscribe of that size was likely performed by the account owner or a manager uploading a list of contacts for the explicit purpose of unsubscribing them from your account. This can be done for a number of reasons, the most common being:

• to maintain unsubscription records when moving to our services from another email service provider
  • as requested by our Review / Compliance teams due to the inclusion of the particular contacts in your account being non-compliant for any number of reasons

See also:

Enabling advanced email permissions in account

Unsubscribed contacts overview

Review numbers and hours

Constant Contact's Email Permissions Policy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MollyM229 ,

An unsubscribe of that size was likely performed by the account owner or a manager uploading a list of contacts for the explicit purpose of unsubscribing them from your account. This can be done for a number of reasons, the most common being:

• to maintain unsubscription records when moving to our services from another email service provider
  • as requested by our Review / Compliance teams due to the inclusion of the particular contacts in your account being non-compliant for any number of reasons

See also:

Enabling advanced email permissions in account

Unsubscribed contacts overview

Review numbers and hours

Constant Contact's Email Permissions Policy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST