Overview: Sending an automated email series

user7180404
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, does anybody know how to add an additional automated emails to an existing automated sequence?

I have created 5 sequences over a 30 day period and as users reach the end of the sequence I would like to extend its lifeline. 

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @user7180404,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but to avoid any interruption in sending you will have to make a copy of this Automated Series to add emails to it or start a brand new Automated Series. This would then require you to trigger your new or copied one with the added email campaigns to your contacts in a new list again. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
user7180404
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi Zoe,

Thank you for your swift reply.

If I create a copy / start a brand new series, is there a way I can have the say users that finished the series (email 5), to start getting emails from the 6th email? 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @user7180404,

We don't have a feature that will allow us to do that automatically, but you can upload your contacts manually into a new list that could trigger your new Email Automation connected to that list.

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
user7180404
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks Zoe, but can the trigger start those added manually on the 6th email, and not from the start? We dont want prospects to receive the same 5 emails again

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @user7180404,

Yes, you can if you use a brand new automation to start the 6th email campaign and so on. Then trigger it to start sending after you manually add those existing contacts to a new list that it's connected to so they won't receive the last 5 again. 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST