PDF in body??

Participant

PDF in body??

I need to know how I can get a PDF newsletter included in the body of my email so that it appears in addition to my message--NOT as an attachment that the recipients can click on???

18 REPLIES 18

Off the top of my head I can only think of saving it as an image.   Make it a clickable link for people to download.  If I come up with another solution I will come back and post.   

Is it a one page PDF?

Ellen McDowell
Ellen McDowell - Your Social Butterfly
Master Certified Solution Provider
Employee

Hi @LeslieB071 

I understand you'd like to put the PDF in the body of your email. Unfortunately Ellen was correct. The best way to achieve something like this would be to put the PDF into a JPG format and insert it into the body of your email. If it's multiple pages your email will get long fast. I hope this helps out!

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Of course you'll also need to scale it as most files are created to print and not view at the size of an email.

In my humble opinion you're using a format (PDF) that isn't intended to be squished into a 600 wide format.

I would suggest you use the PDF as the basis for your email design but not consider pasting it as a graphic, unless after the scaling its readable across most platforms.

Tony Schaefer
FREE consultation for your next project
Accredited CTCT Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Participant

How can I paste a pdf document into the body of a newsletter?

Hi Joan,

Great question! You can't copy the content of a PDF directly but there are a couple options. First, you can recreate the PDF file in a Constant Contact template as an email or you can insert the PDF file as a link into any email.

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Participant

Good afternoon - Hopefully someone can help me -- how do i add an attachment to the email campaign?  I dont want to make the attachment an image and i dont want to have a hyperlink within the email campaign.  Is there a way to just send a pdf attachment along with the campaign?

thanks.

KD

As far as I am aware, there isn't a way. I tried to do this last month, but couldn't find any solution. I think I also found a previous post that stated it wasn't possible. What I ended up doing was converting the pdf file to an image and posting it using my own html coding. Sadly, the quality of the image was far less impressive than my pdf file. I'm hoping they resolve this issue soon because I would love to send pdf files instead. If you find out a way, please let me know.
Regular Participant

Yes i have done the converting a jpeg and find that it def does not have the best quality.  Thank you for your help! :smileyface:

Hello @KayseD!

At this time we do not have a way to attach a file like you would in an email client. The best way would be to create an image of your PDF or include it as a link within your campaign using the document link function

If you're not getting the best quality out of your conversion try converting to a PNG file, it may increase the file size but it's a higher quality image. Another workaround you could try would be taking a screen shot of your PDF. I have found that this method usually keeps the quality intact as well. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Regular Participant

Okay - thank you all who responded. 

Occasional Participant

I have a PDF that I want to be my template to email.  no idea how to do this.  ANy suggestions? 

Hi @LeslieJ49

Thanks for posting. There are a few ways to use the content of your PDF file as the body of your email. 

- If you are familiar with HTMLyou can convert your Word document to HTML code and then use that in Constant Contact. 

- Upload the PDF and link to it in your email.

- Convert the PDF to an image and use the image as the body of your email.

- Recreate the PDF in the body of the email. 

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participant

I just received a call from a rude male, who said he would help me and then before finishing left because he had another call. But gave me a number to dial and re talk about everything I just went through with him! Worst pick of customer service reps ever and this is the second time!!!

Hello @TurasaT

I apologize for the interaction that you had with our team, and I will pass your feedback along.  If you are looking to add the PDF in to your campaign to display, it would need to be an image file to be accepted. 

If you are looking to link to the PDF, you will need to upload the PDF to the library as a document. You can then use the Insert Link menu to insert a link to your document. Take a look here for steps.  

Occasional Participant

hello, I am the administrator for our account - and I have a PDF/JPEG version of a Real Estate Listing that the agents want to have blasted to all of our contacts - is there a way to do that?

Hello MelissaL928,

Yes, you'll be able to insert the JPEG version of the real estate listing into your email. PDFs can only be linked to (like an attachment) in Constant Contact so if you want the image to display on the email itself, the JPEG will be your best bet. Start by going over to your library page to upload the file from your computer. Once it's uploaded, you can insert it into your email. Keep in mind, you may want to add some text to go along with the image as emails with a low text to image ratio have a higher tendency to filter into spam folders.

Sara Lambert

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

I have the JPEG uploaded and saved but I don't know how to create just a generic e-mail to attach it to or to upload it to?  It wants me to pick one that is already created.  I am out of the office until 4/26/16 at 9:00 am (New Hampshire) time.  I am only here until 1:00 pm, but if someone could call me I would appreciate it - 603-323-7803.  Thank you.

Hello MelissaL928

I have set it up so you will be contacted when you get back into the office. You can also contact our customer support at any time! They would be happy to help you insert your image into an email.

Anna Davila