Paragraph Text Spacing

KailynS4
Occasional Participant

Paragraph Text Spacing

What happened to the line spacing tool in the text editing box?? I use it regularly when creating and editing emails and it seems to have disappeared in the new update. I hope this is just something I am missing somewhere and not a feature that has been removed. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
William_D

Hello @KailynS4 ,

It looks like the current email you have in Draft is built using the mobile app's cross-platform editor. If you want access to line spacing for text formatting, you'll need to copy or create your email from the regular browser editor.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
KailynS4
Occasional Participant

I am not using the mobile app. I built this email the same way I always do: on the website, using Google Chrome as my browser on my MacBook Pro. Is it an issue with the template I chose? 

Has anyone else on your account used the app to build an email, @KailynS4 ? The editor being used for the template I was referring to is explicitly using the Cross-Platform Editor meant primarily for building emails on our app, and is limited in some of the function you can plug into it as they're too complicated to setup on a mobile device at this time. Was that template picked for you by someone else or built by someone on our side for you?

To build an email using the normal editor, try going through the Create process linked above, and you'll have significantly more options for action blocks, as well as your needed line spacing.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
KailynS4
Occasional Participant

I get what you mean, but at no point did I change my process or select an alternate editor. The template is the problem. It's not happening with other templates. No one else uses the account, just me. I did not do anything out of the ordinary from how I create emails... I clicked create, as you linked above, chose the "Valentines Day Promo" template from the suggested list because I liked the watercolor hearts in the background, and now I am stuck in this cross platform editor with limited functionality. Copying my draft doesn't change anything. So I have to start over with a different template if I want all the functionality - I've learned my lesson and will check that templates are not stuck this way before working with them in the future. If you have any other suggestions I'd be happy for the help, I do really like the look of the template. 

That does seem really unusual, @KailynS4 . I'll run that template by the team that manages those to see if it's normal for it to be using the CPE instead of the regular email editor.

Updating this post:

I reached out to the applicable teams that manage the UI, and they agreed that it was odd there wasn't anything differentiating that template as being for the CPE. They're looking at ways we can make sure 3ge and CPE emails are noticeably differentiated, and to check in on that particular template to see why it's using the CPE.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you need any other assistance or advice regarding your templates, just let us know. Have a good day!

William D

ArticeL
Participant

I am having the exact same problem as the above. The line-spacing tool is missing, even when I created an email from scratch. 

Hello @ArticeL,

I apologize that you are also having this experience. Can you please provide a screenshot so we can take a closer look? Thanks! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.