Pausing an Event

SOLVED
Go to solution
DaveC0
Occasional Participant

Hi there,

Would we be able to pause an event to take breaks into account?  For example, pausing transcript ordering during spring break.  Would we simply turn the event off during that time and turn back on once break is over?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A

Hello @DaveC0 ,

Events can be "paused" by closing their registration, which is available on the main dashboard page, as well as on the Basics, Settings, and Registration tabs. Simply click the button, and it'll switch to a red CLOSED status. This doesn't cancel or shut down the event, it simply changes the link for it to navigate to a page saying that registration is currently closed. Once you're ready to reopen registration, simply toggle the button back to the green OPEN. If you're anticipating your event going longer than its current start / end dates, make sure to update those on the Events Basics tab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A

Hello @DaveC0 ,

Events can be "paused" by closing their registration, which is available on the main dashboard page, as well as on the Basics, Settings, and Registration tabs. Simply click the button, and it'll switch to a red CLOSED status. This doesn't cancel or shut down the event, it simply changes the link for it to navigate to a page saying that registration is currently closed. Once you're ready to reopen registration, simply toggle the button back to the green OPEN. If you're anticipating your event going longer than its current start / end dates, make sure to update those on the Events Basics tab.

William A
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
DaveC0
Occasional Participant

Thank you!

• Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article