PayPal Donate

BetteG
Regular Participant

PayPal Donate

Help! When the PayPal Donate URL is copied and pasted into link box the final result is a "timed out" response using the "button" function within build. I have not used the Action option...

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @BetteG ,

Could you please reply to the @ mention email with the link in question so we can investigate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
BetteG
Regular Participant

PayPal Donate

Help! When the PayPal Donate URL is copied and pasted into link box the result is a "timed out" response using the "button" function within build. I have not used the Action option...1) using the "button" area inside the build section, 2) this is not an upgraded "Action Block", 3)  I can't seem to copy and paste the link without an error appearing when I attempt to reply to your email. I had been thinking that perhaps because of security measures that PayPal had encrypted a unique code to each click for donation, hence why the copy and paste would not work - hopefully, an expert such as yourself can weigh in on this issue.

thank you for the info, @BetteG . When Paypal generates links for a donation landing page / payment setup, they always provide multiple variations of the link. Some are coded for embedding into websites, but they should have at least one very straight-forward and simple link available for inserting into emails, social media pages, etc.

It may look similar to what you see in one of these two images:

3ge-insert-link-overlay-paypal-url-and-insert-button-step34.pngpaypal-add-your-button-code-to-your-webpage-email-tab-button-url-step1.png

Are you able to confirm if you can find this link in your Paypal setup? It may be worth reaching out to their support to see if they're providing the actual URL you need, and not just embeddable code.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.