PayPal could not be reached, try again or choose a different payment method

sametampa
Rookie
0 Votes

Currently getting the error in subject line when individuals try to register for our event.  Multiple individuals on multiple browsers are getting the same error.  Had individuals trying to register clear browser caches.  Same error populated.  Attempted making another event to see if was just the one having the issue.  Same error populated on new link for registration.  Curious if there is a wider issue going on?  

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

If your issue is that they're able to get to the payment confirmation on PayPal, and then it gives the error after they've attempted to submit payment, you'll want to check some of the following elements in your PayPal setup:

Make sure your PayPal account is a Premier or Business type:

1. Log in to Paypal
  2. Click the Profile option at the top
  3. Choose Profile and Settings
  4. Choose My Settings to the left
  5. The Account Type will be listed to the right

Accept PayPal payments from all your online stores:

1. Click the Profile link in the top right corner
  2. Click Profile & Settings
  3. Click My Selling Tools in the left corner
  4. Click Update next to API access
  5. Click Enable Express Checkout, under Accept payments from your online stores before setting up APIs
  6. Put a checkmark next to Accept PayPal payments before API permissions or credentials are set up
    (If Block payments from uncredentialled shopping carts is selected, the error will occur)

Make sure that a valid Tax ID number is on file:

3. Click My business info in the left column
  4. Click to add either a Social Security Number, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or Employer Identification Number

Make sure that the email address is verified:

4. Click Edit next to the address
  5. Click Confirm this email to receive a confirmation email
  6. Click the Confirm your email button in the email that is received

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @sametampa ,

I had no issues getting all the way through the registration up to the point where I needed to confirm my payment submission to PayPal. If you and some of your registrants are having issues getting to that page, you'll want to perform further connectivity troubleshooting.

The most common culprits are typically incompatible browser extensions, or interference from an ad/pop-up blocker, VPN, or other security software erroneously trying to block elements from our site functioning as intended. Temporarily disabling these tools, and then exiting and re-entering your browser can help narrow down the source of the issues. Testing in Incognito/Private mode, on other devices, or even other networks can also help narrow down the source of the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If your issue is that they're able to get to the payment confirmation on PayPal, and then it gives the error after they've attempted to submit payment, you'll want to check some of the following elements in your PayPal setup:

Make sure your PayPal account is a Premier or Business type:

1. Log in to Paypal
  2. Click the Profile option at the top
  3. Choose Profile and Settings
  4. Choose My Settings to the left
  5. The Account Type will be listed to the right

Accept PayPal payments from all your online stores:

3. Click My Selling Tools in the left corner
  4. Click Update next to API access
  5. Click Enable Express Checkout, under Accept payments from your online stores before setting up APIs
  6. Put a checkmark next to Accept PayPal payments before API permissions or credentials are set up
    (If Block payments from uncredentialled shopping carts is selected, the error will occur)

Make sure that a valid Tax ID number is on file:

4. Click to add either a Social Security Number, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or Employer Identification Number

Make sure that the email address is verified:

4. Click Edit next to the address
  5. Click Confirm this email to receive a confirmation email
  6. Click the Confirm your email button in the email that is received

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST