Paypal deletion

SOLVED
Go to solution
FWSR
Rookie
0 Votes

When registering a user for an event, everything goes well until we get to the payment page. The option to register as a guest is not there and only option is to register user for a paypal account. We do not want to create a paypal account for our users as they may not wish to have one. Question is, if someone were to click on create paypal account, how do we delete that paypal account?? There was never an option to setup a password on the paypal account, but you mus enter a password in order to access the account?? Confused,,,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FWSR ,

I'm afraid I'm not able to recreate your issue, when I go to register in your event, this is what's shown:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 094423.jpg

Anyone that doesn't have a PayPal account can simply click the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option. If they have an email address that PayPal automatically recognizes as already having an account they may be prompted to simply login, but even when I use my legitimate address that does have a PayPal account, I'm still given the option to either login or take the second option.

If one of your registrants decided to create a PayPal account, they'll need to reach out to PayPal's support as we have no way of accessing that info or troubleshooting it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FWSR ,

I'm afraid I'm not able to recreate your issue, when I go to register in your event, this is what's shown:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 094423.jpg

Anyone that doesn't have a PayPal account can simply click the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option. If they have an email address that PayPal automatically recognizes as already having an account they may be prompted to simply login, but even when I use my legitimate address that does have a PayPal account, I'm still given the option to either login or take the second option.

If one of your registrants decided to create a PayPal account, they'll need to reach out to PayPal's support as we have no way of accessing that info or troubleshooting it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST