Performance terrible with legacy editor

Regular Participant

Performance terrible with legacy editor

Especially on nights and Saturdays, it slows to a crawl. I schedule a campaign and it doesn't go out on schedule. We need to use the legacy editor because of the anchor links. Please look into the performance. Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hi PhyllisC904!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! We are currently tracking this issue, and I have tracked this on your behalf. The slowness you mentioned appears to be happening later in the evening and at night, and only with 2GE Legacy templates. The current and only workaround is to switch to our 3rd Generation Editor (3GE).

Here are a couple of things you should know:

• We are actively in the process of retiring the Legacy Editor - Soon you will lose the ability to make copies of Legacy templates, and will need to move over to 3GE to continue sending email campaigns. The copy option will only be removed for Legacy templates, and you will be able to make copies of campaigns created on 3GE. We are sending email communications 30 days before removing the copy option, so please keep an eye on your inbox.
  • Anchor links don't work when viewing emails on a mobile device - This is why we did not add anchor links to 3GE. Please check out this video for more information: Tutorial: Why You Shouldn't Use Anchor Links in Your Emails

If you would like to get a head start on moving to a 3GE template you can check out this article on Switching to the Third-Generation Editor from the Legacy Second-Generation Editor or give our Support team a call!

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.