Permanent Footer on email

SOLVED
Go to solution
CleoM25
Rookie
0 Votes

How do I change the permanent footer on my email template? I need to add a name, which I do everytime I send out an email. I t would be so much easier to add it to the footer that is already there. Cleo Martin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CleoM25. You can edit the footer on an email by clicking in the footer area while editing the email to make any necessary changes. Keep in mind these changes will carry over only when the email is copied. If every email needs to have the same footer, you should update your account settings as well. This way, any new email created will have the updated name included.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CleoM25. You can edit the footer on an email by clicking in the footer area while editing the email to make any necessary changes. Keep in mind these changes will carry over only when the email is copied. If every email needs to have the same footer, you should update your account settings as well. This way, any new email created will have the updated name included.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
CleoM25
Rookie
0 Votes

Caitlin, Thank you for responding to my question, however, it didn't completely answer my question.  I want to put a person's name in the footer but I don't want it to appear in the top section.  When I change the footer, it also changes the header.  Is there a way to do that permanently without having to do it in every email?

CleoM25

Thank you 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

When I edit the footer of an email, it doesn't change the header info at all - not even the From Name. Can you provide an example of what you're referring to, or trying to accomplish?

The legally-required footer section of emails should generally have just the name of the organization that the email is being sent on behalf of. The header is where you might put an agent, reseller, or other representative's specific name, but the footer should still be the organization's name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST