Permissions for account managers

SOLVED
Go to solution
FirstNameL10623
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi,

I am the account owner of constant contact.

1. Suppose I added a user (Account Manager) and this user has created the campaigns. However, what happens to the campaign that has been created by the Account Manager if I delete (remove) the Account Manager from my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL10623 ,

The Account Manager user type is simply another user on the account with a few restrictions on their accessibility compared to the owner.. Nothing actually makes their campaigns, contact lists, or anything else they create or manage inaccessible to you or other managers. If you later remove an AM from your account, anything they worked on would still be as is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL10623 ,

The Account Manager user type is simply another user on the account with a few restrictions on their accessibility compared to the owner.. Nothing actually makes their campaigns, contact lists, or anything else they create or manage inaccessible to you or other managers. If you later remove an AM from your account, anything they worked on would still be as is.

William A
FirstNameL10623
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you for the reply and the solution.

Another question:

Suppose I would like to send out 1 campaign with 4 different listings at the same time.

How do I keep track the report and results for 4 different listings individually?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL10623 ,

By "listings" are you referring to real estate listings - as in content and links you want to include in your email? Or by "listings" are you referring to contact lists?

If the former, you'd presumably be having these listings explicitly setup as separate articles / sections of images and text, each with a button or some other link method that can be tracked. The email's click report and heat map will show you which links were most popularly clicked, how many clicks it got, etc. To take this further, if you're only wanting to send a single email with different content showing depending on specific contact elements (e.g. Zip Code or City), then you could utilize Dynamic Content - a Plus plan feature.

If the latter, you could utilize contact segmentation afterwards, with criteria set for a specific list membership AND Contact Activity of opening/clicking in the specific email. However the easiest (and most straightforward) methodology to keep them all separate would be to simply create your email, copy it however many times you need, then schedule each individual copy to send to its respective list at the same date/time.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST