The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Personal Info Security

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Personal Info Security

One of our members did a search for her name on the web. All her personal information appeared from our Constant Contact ‘secured’ web site. How can Google search through our site and scan documents we post to the site when I as administrator have to use a password?

This is an extremely upsetting situation which means we cannot post any information that has personal info. We store documents and photos on CC site to link in our newsletter but now we obviously have to find some other site that is ‘secure’!

Constant Contact > files > PDF

Friendship Directory 5/31/2019…

The listing included all her personal info, phone, address, cell.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Personal Info Security

Hi @TerriH203 

I apologize for any confusion there may be with the available online versions of your sent emails. With every email that is sent, a permanent URL version of it is created. These URLs allow you to include a website version in your email, share your email on social media, and appear in a Google search. Because of this any information shared in this email, including linked PDFs, will also be viewable. With that said, if you can please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, document name, and a reference to this post we can submit a request to have this link broken on your behalf.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured