Personalization in test email

SOLVED
Go to solution
DeltaPRC
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Years ago I tried to use the 'personalization' feature on my campaigns but stopped when it said 'first name' instead!!

So not cool to have that going out to your email subscribers.  

I just tried to use it again and plus I entered 'Friend' as a second option so that would be used if the contact, signing up on our newsletter list, didn't include their name.  Well, my name is included on my email address and the test email to myself is calling me 'Friend'!  Ugh.  What is going on?!  It can't be me anymore.  What glitch does CC need to fix?  

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.  :smileyface:

Sheri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amy_Y
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DeltaPRC Sorry that you are concerned about the personalization in your recent emails. If no First Name is present in the contact record then the back up text "Secondary Greeting" that you can set will appear. For preview and test emails, personalization will not show. However, you can send a live send to a list as a "test" and you will see the personalization. ADD A GREETING TAG

Amy Y.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Amy_Y
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DeltaPRC Sorry that you are concerned about the personalization in your recent emails. If no First Name is present in the contact record then the back up text "Secondary Greeting" that you can set will appear. For preview and test emails, personalization will not show. However, you can send a live send to a list as a "test" and you will see the personalization. ADD A GREETING TAG

Amy Y.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DeltaPRC
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Thank you, Amy.  I'll check this out.  Though I'm not sure how anyone would know this without asking the community or Constant Contact directly.  ~Sheri

JulieO288
Rookie
0 Votes

I used this solution, which fixed the CC emails, however, it does not solve the issue for "Social Sharing".

DeltaPRC
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Hi Julie,

What is 'social sharing'?

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @DeltaPRC,

Social Share is posting the emails you send to your contact list onto social media. Please take a look at this helpful article here to read more. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JulieO288,

When you use Social Share, your email doesn't have anyone's name to read from because it's posting to social media and not sending to your contact list where the names are located. 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST