Personalization

SOLVED
Go to solution
KevinW053
Not applicable
0 Votes

I use CC with company marketing campaigns - Through CC I used to be able to add a note/personalization. I went to send out a recent one and the format seems to have changed where I am no longer able to without changing the coding of the email which is way above my pay grade. Was there a change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KevinW053 ,

I'm not sure I understand, based on the emails in your account that have been actively created and sent, your organization has only ever used custom code to send out the emails. The custom code editor hasn't really had any major changes for quite awhile now, and nothing that wouldn't have been noticed sooner with the frequency of sendouts on the account.

For instructions on adding personalization in the custom code editor

If you don't have experience with HTML coding, I'd recommend using the regular email builder. If your organization expects you to be able to continue sending out custom HTML-coded emails the way they always have, and you're not comfortable with it, you may want to mention that to them so you can get the training and pay grade for that.

For ways to incorporate personalization elements in the regular email editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KevinW053 ,

I'm not sure I understand, based on the emails in your account that have been actively created and sent, your organization has only ever used custom code to send out the emails. The custom code editor hasn't really had any major changes for quite awhile now, and nothing that wouldn't have been noticed sooner with the frequency of sendouts on the account.

For instructions on adding personalization in the custom code editor

If you don't have experience with HTML coding, I'd recommend using the regular email builder. If your organization expects you to be able to continue sending out custom HTML-coded emails the way they always have, and you're not comfortable with it, you may want to mention that to them so you can get the training and pay grade for that.

For ways to incorporate personalization elements in the regular email editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST