Personalize TEST emails?

SOLVED
Go to solution
KBrennan
Rookie
0 Votes

My test emails go to at least 3 different individuals, and I need to ensure my client, who is approving the test, sees his/her name in the greeting line. Is there a way to do this without creating a small contact list and sending an actual email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KBrennan ,

When you preview your email, or send a test send, the contact detail (including subject line personalization and greeting tags) displays the personal information you provided for your own account to give you an idea of what your contacts will see. If the information isn't available to pull into your preview, or if you're using custom fields, the fallback text displays instead.

If you want your test individuals to see the personalization elements, you'll need to send it as a regular email directly to them (i.e. adding them to a list on their own, then sending the "test" email to that list).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KBrennan ,

When you preview your email, or send a test send, the contact detail (including subject line personalization and greeting tags) displays the personal information you provided for your own account to give you an idea of what your contacts will see. If the information isn't available to pull into your preview, or if you're using custom fields, the fallback text displays instead.

If you want your test individuals to see the personalization elements, you'll need to send it as a regular email directly to them (i.e. adding them to a list on their own, then sending the "test" email to that list).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST