can i stop rs6.net redirect / click tracking

karljeffery
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Hi, a cybersecurity expert who receives our Constant Contact e-mails is telling us we should only include links to pages on our own web domain in e-mails, rather than have Constant Contact convert them to rs6.net so it can track the clicks.

He says that he teaches people never to click on 'suspicious links' in e-mails, which means any link to a domain other than the one of the company sending the e-mail. Also by including these links in our e-mail we are contributing to reducing organisational cyber resilience.

It may be a fair point - and considering we never look at click statistics anyway, maybe we should follow his advice, but I don't think Constant Contact offers the capability to not use redirect rs6.net links?

Karl jeffery, London 

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @karljeffery ,

At this time, link tracking cannot be turned off. However it is something on our devs' radar to look into ways to accommodate both Compliance and the specific needs of some customers regarding link rewrites. If you'd like to vote and voice your opinion on the Feedback board regarding this, I'd suggest this thread.

If a contact is needing info for the sake of safelisting, I'd advise directing them to this article so they can update the security app, pop-up/ad-blockers, and other programs they need to. 

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @karljeffery ,

At this time, link tracking cannot be turned off. However it is something on our devs' radar to look into ways to accommodate both Compliance and the specific needs of some customers regarding link rewrites. If you'd like to vote and voice your opinion on the Feedback board regarding this, I'd suggest this thread.

If a contact is needing info for the sake of safelisting, I'd advise directing them to this article so they can update the security app, pop-up/ad-blockers, and other programs they need to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CHRISTINEP863
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,

Did your Dev team ever make it possible to turn off link tracking?    We are having the R20 links fail to resolve for our users in our announcement mails.   Please advise.

Thanks,
Christine and Jeff

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, link and click tracking cannot be turned off at this time. It's advised that your recipients adjust whatever program is blocking the link opens, or add the domain to the program's trusted setups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST