Pictures

SOLVED
Go to solution
DanRuby
Rookie

Hello,

Sent a test before sending out the first email to my company (Who all use Outlook). None of the pictures or videos appear in the email. They all say 'right-click or tap and hold to download...'

Any help on how I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DanRuby ,

This is a standard security setting on Outlook, and must be managed from either your network side, or the individual recipients' ends. I'd recommend checking out the following articles for info that will aid you and your IT in safelisting our domains:

Safelisting our domains

Safelisting email addresses

I'd also strongly advise setting up self-authentication for better delivery and to make Outlook trust the sending source better.

Ultimately, based on how Outlook generally functions, it may force images to require a manual download / approval to show regardless of the safelisting steps taken, since Outlook tends to be incredibly intense with its security algorithms.

See also:

Missing images overview

Display issues blog post

Displaying images in email programs

Clipped and collapsed content in Gmail/Outlook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DanRuby ,

This is a standard security setting on Outlook, and must be managed from either your network side, or the individual recipients' ends. I'd recommend checking out the following articles for info that will aid you and your IT in safelisting our domains:

Safelisting our domains

Safelisting email addresses

I'd also strongly advise setting up self-authentication for better delivery and to make Outlook trust the sending source better.

Ultimately, based on how Outlook generally functions, it may force images to require a manual download / approval to show regardless of the safelisting steps taken, since Outlook tends to be incredibly intense with its security algorithms.

See also:

Missing images overview

Display issues blog post

Displaying images in email programs

Clipped and collapsed content in Gmail/Outlook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST