The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Placing Inline and Universal codes for a sign-up form

Highlighted
Visitor

Placing Inline and Universal codes for a sign-up form

Hi,

I can't figure out how and where to put the Inline and Universal codes for a sign-up form. The articles on creating (18265) and installing (18053) an inline contact sign-up form on a website do not give enough details to do it myself. I'm very computer literate and built a WordPress site mostly myself, and I don't have a web builder to help. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions? Thanks.

Dick, new to CTCT

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Placing Inline and Universal codes for a sign-up form

I'm having the exact same problem. I would really appreciate some help on this too. I also do not have a developer or web builder and am pretty proficient with our Wordpress website, but because we use widgets for our footer, there is no html code to tweak.

Highlighted

Re: Placing Inline and Universal codes for a sign-up form

Hi @DickR05 and @HannahT9 

I apologize you both are not able to add your sign-up form as easily as you should. However at this time we do not offer assistance with inserting these forms in your website. The two articles mentioned in the original post on this thread are the directions we provide for this experience. If you are still unable to insert the inline code following these directions, I would recommend contacting WordPress support directly.

Are either of you using Wordpress.com  or Weordpress.org? This is an important clarification to have as Wordpress.com is not the same as Wordpress.org. Wordpress.com doesn't support 3rd party Javascript or plugins of any kind. So if either of you are using Wordpress.com, we recommend creating a Landing Page Sign-up Form instead. You can then copy the Landing Page's URL and link it to a button or text link on your Wordpress.com website. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured