Plain text email

How do I send a plain text email?

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Plain text email

Hey @LaurenS784,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I would be happy to help with your question. Since our system isn't built to send out plain text emails, you will need to remove a block or two in order to attain what you're looking for. You will want to click on 'Create' in the top right of your account, and then 'Email'. From there you will want to choose the 'Blank Template', which only contains an image place holder. 

blank template.pngOnce the template is chosen you can remove the image place holder and drag in a text box. 

fiunal done.png

Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your note. I signed up earlier this week and was told 100% I would be able to send plain text emails from the software. I tried your suggestion but I am still unable to use without a template, even though it's blank, it's obviously not formatted as a plain text email. 

Are there any other ways around this? If not, I'm afraid I'll need to cancel my subscription.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @LaurenS784 

Great question! When using the Constant Contact product, you will need to use a template for a plain text email so it will always be in template format. Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround for this. This is best practice for marking though as the email is a constant viewable format and is optimized for mobile. Please feel free to reach out should you have other questions. 

Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We would also like the option for plain text email. Given that data shows plain text email performs better, why is this not an available option? 

Highlighted

Hi @WilliamH7154 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this here in the Community. Having the ability to send a plain text email is a feature request we are currently tracking. With that said, I apologize we do not currently have a time estimate of when it will be available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. 

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

You can't send a plain text email? How is this being overlooked. Every measurement has plain text emails out performing formatted emails... 

Considering that, this is a deal breaker for us. There's no reason to sacrifice the performance because CC is unwilling to implement. 

Highlighted

Please add plain text email as a feature!

Highlighted
Solution Provider

This is another vote for plain text emails.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @ToddR13,

Thank you for your feedback! We do appreciate it and will submit it over to our engineers for review. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.