Platform settings UX/UI

JeriS6
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I guess there was a misunderstanding & a previous question was automatically archived. Just to clarify, I had not intended to have my trial account submitted for cancelation by my inquiry on the community platform (although I appreciate that I was added to the DNC list & unsubscribed from marketing emails). I was just wondering what the reasoning was for not having account deletion possible except by telephone contact (or, as was discovered, community moderator action). Perhaps the question was posted under the wrong category. Hope you can shed some light on that (& re-activate my trial, if applicable). Thanks, @William_A :smileyface:

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JeriS6 ,

I had taken your desire to be able to delete your account as you wanting to cancel your trial. As it stands, your only option would be to start a new trial.

Accounts, even trial ones, need to have their existence maintained for Compliance reasons. You can easily unsubscribe from our automated marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in them, and you can request an onboarding / sales agent not contact you anymore by responding to their personal email they send from, or requesting as such through one of our various support channels.

If, for whatever reason, you need information purged from a cancelled / dead trial account, you can email privacy(at)constantcontact(dot)com. 

See also:

Terms

Privacy Center

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FirstL
Rookie
0 Votes
We understand the need to have the existence of all user accounts maintained for compliance. Some platforms manage to maintain account data in the backend as required while still avoiding certain hoops users might have to jump through, though, so the continued existence of the ongoing issue brought up elsewhere regarding user account self-cancelation (commonly referred to as deletion) just seems a little peculiar.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Trial accounts expire on their own after 60 days, and only paid accounts with particular statuses still require reaching out to a support channel for cancellation (e.g. past due balance or review flag). This has always just been referred to as cancellation on our side, and most other subscription services I've dealt with have only ever referred to cancelling a subscription as just that, since deleting an account is generally considered a full purge of the account's info and ability to login and access the data.

Please refer to our Community Billing FAQ if you have additional general questions regarding billing functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST