Please help subject line error

AlecG6
Participant

Please help subject line error

Hello! I entered in a preferred subject line for my email, but the email itself shows the text of the body of the email within the subject line also. Any fix for this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Kara_D
Employee

Hi AlecG6!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question! It sounds like you may want to add some text to the Preheader. A Preheader comes after the Subject line in an email, and is a second chance to catch your reader's attention. This section is not required, and not all inboxes display it. If you leave it blank some inboxes will fill that section with the first line of text from your email. You can learn more by clicking the link below.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
EuanW
Participant

Hi I have the same problem as above - I have entered in a email preheader  but when I send the test email it not only shows the preheader but also the first lines of the newsletter.  Please let me know how we can fix. Thanks 

Hello @EuanW ,

This will vary from email client to email client, and isn't something we can control. Adding a long enough preheader can prevent any text from the email itself from showing, but ultimately it's the email clients and the recipients' own settings that will determine how much text shows up in the inbox email previews.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.