I'd like to sign up for the Constant Contact email platform, which costs $20 per month.
Before I join, I have a few questions.
1. Let's say we buy a $20 package for a month and use Gmail as our send id. May I ask if we also use Facebook and Instagram advertisements, does that count as one ID or not?
2. When we sign up for a one-month subscription and pay by credit card. What about if we decide not to use Constant Contact services the following month? Is the charge going to be deducted automatically ?
3.Assume we provide services for you for two months and then do not utilize the account for the third month. Is our data in the form of template material still available ?
Please respond to my question; I will be thankful.
Hello @user902070 ,
We're glad to see you're interested in utilizing Constant Contact! To answer your questions:
1. Gmail would be your email domain, what you use to send emails. Facebook and Instagram are social platforms, so those would require you to login to your personal account, select the business pages that you're an admin of, and accept the connection between the systems. I'd recommend going through this article on setting up a social media ad for FB and Insta, which has other helpful links, visual guidance, and more.
2. We are a subscription-based system, which means that each month your account renews its subscription, regardless of how much or little the account was used. To view what your subscriptions provide, make sure to check out the pricing comparison page on our main site.
3. As long as an account's subscription is paid for (including suspended accounts), your data will still be available to you. Cancelled accounts will not grant access to the data, unless they're paid for again. Accounts are still available for reactivation for at least 120 days post-cancellation, after which they’ll enter a queue for purging. Our system will automatically email you when your cancelled account is close to purging, so you can decide if you wish to reopen the account or let it be full deleted.
Make sure to check out our Community's Billing FAQ for additional Billing info, as well as helpful articles going over those details and nuances. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in this thread or make a new post in our Help board.
Thanks for the prompt reply with the answers.
May I know that if let suppose I have my client Data is no of 1000 in Excel sheet either it will be Data key in one by one in Dashboard or one-shot time we can copy and Past all client's data in Constant Dashboard?
Here's an article going over some of the main ways to import contacts into your account. The most popular ones (especially when dealing with a lot of contacts) would be either the type/paste multiple or the import file methods.
If you have more info than just email addresses you'd like associated with your contacts, I'd advise doing the import file method. Please keep in mind that only certain file types work for the file import, and you'll want to make sure you've formatted it properly so the system can easily read it and import your data.
"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - WillSee Article
"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - CaitlinSee Article
"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - NickSee Article