Polls results not showing up in Report

SIR101WebMaster
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Several of the emails sent out that contain polls have reported no results. Respondents have said that they definitely clicked on the poll button and were taken to a "Thank you" web page. I have personally clicked on a Yes button and my response did not show up in the report.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SIR101WebMaster ,

I've tracked the known service request for the issue you're describing, and submitted it to our engineers for further review. If and when they have an update regarding this, they'll notify you directly.

In the meantime, I'd advise one of the following paths:

• Create a master template of this kind of email you're regularly sending out. Then copy directly from that each time, so your copies are using cleaner, fresher coding and avoiding erroneous coding buildup from too many generations of copies of copies.
  • Wholly delete the poll block in every copy of this template that you do, then add a fresh, new poll block each time so that block specifically is 100% new.

If the workarounds I've described above do not seem to alleviate your issue, please let us know so we can update your existing case and the service request for the issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SIR101WebMaster
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Wait... You say "Wholly delete the poll block in every copy of this template that you do, then add a fresh, new poll block each time so that block specifically is 100% new." If this is a known problem (using a copy of a prior campaign, leads to code cruft), why can't Constant Contact just fix that problem and verify that no additional code is somehow embedded in the copy? Seems like a simple programming fix, no?

SIR101WebMaster
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Note: I am able to review the clicked-on links in the Click-through Distribution section of the report, so the data to determine what button was clicked-on is available. And, with a little guessing, I can count out the clicked links for each response, manually. The program should be able to do that, no?  I can't faithfully "Accept as Solution" for this issue.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SIR101WebMaster,

The click through rate will absotluley show which links the customer has selected and you should be able to see each response manually, yes. In the meantime, inserting a brand new poll block every time you want to send an email campaign will fix this momentarily. Inserting a brand new poll block will allow for results to come through each time you send a different campaign, until our engineers get this fixed permanently. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST