Populated fields link is changing when newsletter is sent

SOLVED
Go to solution
JulianaM478
Rookie
0 Votes

We have a link to a webpage that has populated fields with text content. When the link is clicked from the Constant Contact email that goes out, the link is changed and the populated fields are blank. Is there any way to fix this so the button goes to the link we specified with the populated fields on the webpage?

Thanks, 

-Juliana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi JulianaM478!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Based on the information you have provided, I'm thinking it has to do with the link trackers we use to generate the click reports. We recommend using a link shorter to create a new link with the prepopulated fields that can be used in your emails instead of the original link.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi JulianaM478!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Based on the information you have provided, I'm thinking it has to do with the link trackers we use to generate the click reports. We recommend using a link shorter to create a new link with the prepopulated fields that can be used in your emails instead of the original link.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST